Friday, 31 January 2014
Thursday, 23 January 2014
Wednesday, 22 January 2014
Modern: I chose this font for modern because of it being bold and simple.
Kids: I chose this font for kids because of the little people on top of the letters.
Sport: I chose this font for sport because of it being in italic and looking like its moving or running.
Masculine: I chose this font for masculine because of it looking sporty and something that you would see on the front of a man based magazine.
Feminine: I chose this font for feminine because there are many serifs on each letter in shapes of butterfly's and flowers, something that a female would be more interested in then men.
Sophisticated: I chose this font for sophisticated because of it being italic and many serifs. Something you would find on the more sophisticated newspapers like the times and telegraph.
Bold: I chose this font for bold because of it being crazy and it standing out compared to most of the other fonts.
History: I chose this font for history because it has many serifs and looks like something that would be found on a old victorian book or newspaper.
- How many different font styles do you see on the front cover?
- How many different font sizes are used?
- How many different font colours are used?
- How many coverlines are there?
- Describe the font used for the magazine title.
- How does the title communicate who the target audience are?
- What’s the main coverline and how do you know?
- Explain how and why different colours are used on the cover.
- Explain how and why different fonts are used on the front cover.
- If you could change something about the typography on this cover what would it be and why would change it?
5) The font used for the magazine title is very bold and modern, its also very simple because of the letters being all in capitals.
6) The title is aimed mainly at females because of the colour choice, fewer men would pick up a magazine with pink and white coloured font instead of darker colours like blue and black.
7) The main cover line is the "Cosmos Body revolution". I can tell this because the font is a lot larger than the rest. If you was to pick it up of a shelf, it would be the first cover line you would look at.
8) Different colours are used on the front cover because if it was to be in one colour it would be boring and dull.
9) Fonts are also something that if it was to all be the same it be boring.
10) I would change some of the fonts and font colours to make it look more interesting. The front cover only uses 3 different colours which makes it seem dull.